12/1/08

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving celebrations in our home are pretty low key the last few years. Earl took off early with some friends and ran the 10k for Run to Feed the Hungry in Sacramento. He came in just under one hour - Go Earl! You rock! I was making turkey and other traditional side dishes at home (in an oven that had a burned out connection on the sensor - it wasn't sensing the correct temperature inside all the time!) We borrowed an electric roaster oven from a friend (thanks Sorensen family!) and thankfully had a good, finished turkey. I was worried about the turkey turning out in our undependable oven, but I didn't mind cooking the side dishes in it. We had a wonderful late afternoon lunch and then had a few friends over to share pies for dessert that evening. We all sat around, stuffed our faces again with more unhealthy treats, and thumbed through the after Thanksgiving Sale ads.

We made a list of items to shop for at the stores and took off about 4:45 on Friday morning to get some great deals. We hit Sam's Club and Target and said "Enough is enough" and went to breakfast with some friends that were out shopping as well. It was so much fun! This is the second year that we have done this and I'm sure we will do it again next year. We get so much Christmas shopping done this way!


The boys went with Earl on Saturday morning to find a Christmas tree for our home. They had a really good time tromping around the woods and found a really big, beautiful tree for us to decorate. We've got half of the lights on it so far and hope to finish the decorating for family night tonight! The boys get soooooo excited when we get out the Christmas decorations and it's hard to keep things under control. My diningroom looks like a tornado hit it right now :)


I'm making door hangings with the extra boughs from our Christmas tree and have about 5 door hangings that I am going to decorate and let the boys sell for extra Christmas money. How much would you pay for one? Would you pay $15, $20 or more? Let me know...

7 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I would love one, seriously call me when they're ready.

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful turkey day. : ) I would love to buy a wreath. Have the boys give me a call! I love your family pictures. Rebecca did a great job!!!!

Maree said...

Cute new picture. Glad you had a good turkey day. I do NOT do Black Friday--too much insanity. Sounds like you had fun though. Love you.

sarah tangataevaha said...

LAURA!!!!! How are you? Your boys are getting so big. I haven't seen a picture of your daughter, she is so cute. I just wanted to say hi!

2KT Faupula girls said...

Thanks boys for the door hanger! My family & I are enjoying having something different this year on our door!

Melissa K said...

Laura Keith!!! HI!!!

Kim L. said...

Hi everyone:
Great pictures from the party! So glad you all had a good time. Thank you so much for the door hanging, it's beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year 2009. Love, KD&E