4/3/09

OK, it's just not funny anymore!

My wonderful son Joshua sleepwalks occasionally. Actually, more like every other night lately. It's always about 10:30 or so at night, he "wakes" up (he's asleep with his eyes open), tromps around the house like he's mad or upset or crying about something, we have him go to the bathroom (and sometimes have to pull his pants down for him!), and direct him back to his bed where he immediately falls back to sleep (except one time when he kept sitting up and laying back down while saying some sort of nonsense about how he just couldn't do it? I don't understand!). Now, many of you (family mostly) know that I used to sleep walk when I was his age too. Yes, I did some pretty crazy things (set the table in the middle of the night, tried to pee in the bath tub) and I'm sure some of you will add more in my comments. You won't embarrass me... I was little. But Joshua pulled a stunt tonight that he better not EVER pull again!!! I'm downstairs checking on blogs (about 10:30 again), hear a door open, hear another door open, hear Jillian start crying, then crying louder. I go upstairs and find Joshua giving Jillian to Earl in our bedroom!?! What the...?!! I don't get it? She was sound asleep! I totally yelled at Josh "What the heck are you doing?" He said "She was crying so I got her." I could tell he was totally asleep! He has no idea what he just did! Tomorrow we are putting extra locks on 1. the front door and 2. Jillian's room. I never thought I would have to lock my boys out of their sister's room for this reason! What a nut! Boy are we going to be laughing in the morning!

5 comments:

Acacia said...

Hey - it's me, your latest facebook friend! LOVE the blog! Click on my name to find your way to mine, if you'd like. I keep my IRL info private on the blog.

This story is too funny! Remember to tell it at his mission farewell one day!

Sarah said...

The little flip locks (about 3-4 inches long) for higher on the doors are super cheap (under $7 each), super easy to install (2 screws) and work REALLY WELL. Once my baby brother could open doors we had them on our kitchen door going into the garage and also on the front door. My dad had to put a stick into the runners of the slider going into the back yard. If you can't find the flip locks in the hardware dept at Walmart they surely sell them at Lowes or Home Depot.

This is scarey stuff. I was driving to work one day in Chico and there was a little boy out wandering in the street. I stopped and realized he looked sorta dazed. He was sleep walking and had opened the front door. He was Jimmys age. His mom was still asleep and so thankful that he got home safe.

Maree said...

BAHAhahaha! I remember a lot of your sleepwalking adventures: the "elbowstands," peeing (or trying to) on the piano bench, setting the table, unmaking the bed, and my persoanal favorite: when you were sobbing because you "only had 29 cents." And you would get SO MAD if we laughed when you were crying about something we couldn't understand. You also got really mad when we'd ask you to repeat something that struck us as funny. What goes around comes around--now get those extra locks! :-)

Stefany said...

Wow that is funny and scary! I would definitely have extra locks too! My brother in law sleep walks and does funny things like takes pictures off the wall, tries to get the cat off the ceiling fan! I love those stories!

PS Claire doesn't walk yet either, she's just half monkey!!!

2KT Faupula girls said...

Freaky! We use the flip locks, but now my girls use a broom stick to unlatch it. It's like a challenge for them. Anything I seem to hide or lock up, they find a way to open it. Hopefully Joshua dosen't want to figure out how to unlock it while he is asleep.