10/17/09

A Date in San Fran!


Earl and I had a great day in San Francisco today! We saw the show "Wicked" with our good friends Ron, Rhonda, Tina, James, Rebecca and Cameron. We had a great time! We got babysitters for the kids and headed out late in the morning, drove to San Fran, saw the show, drove to Vallejo for dinner, and drove home. Our bums are a little sore from so much sitting today, but it was oh, so worth it! What a fabulous show! I want to go again!!!

I'm not going to say anything about the storyline of the show except it's about the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz. That's all you need to know! It was fabulous... from the singing, to the actors (Patty Duke was in it!!!), to the costumes, to the storyline... and the one liners were great! My favorite one was "I'm generously selfish and deeply... shallow." Guess you had to be there and see it to appreciate it :) It was wonderful and I'm so glad we were able to go.

6 comments:

Elmer said...

I love love LOVE the show! I'm glad you had fun.

The Blanquie Blog said...

That really is a great play. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Well worth the sore bums:)

Anonymous said...

so this was your first time seeing it? jer and i went to see it in LA on our honeymoon. it was awesome! we're also going to sanfran this weekend- wish we had tickets!

jennifer said...

wicked is our all time favorite show! we saw it once and can't wait to go back. you'll be singing the music every day for at least 6 months solid.

Freyja Colborn said...

I absolutely love that show as well. It really is spectacular.
I'm Glad all of you a fun.

2KT Faupula girls said...

FUN! Glad you guys had a fun date!