8/19/10

Gone Are Our Lazy Summer Days....

Yep, it's that time of year... I send the kids off to school, wave "Bye Bye" and go home to a much quieter and not so messy house! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids! And I love having a break from school, homework, and everything else that goes along with it. And I really love the freedom of summertime and doing all of the fun things that we do together.
But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first day of school!


Our first stop... dropping Jon off at his NEW school! He's a big Middle School kid now! I can't believe my baby boy is old enough for the whole middle school experience. He was totally surprised when I told him that they don't have "recess" as he remembers. They now have a "break" in the middle of morning classes and after lunch. He's not too happy about it... he's still a little kid at heart! He also didn't like that I kept telling him to turn around and wave at the camera. What can I say... I just wanted to capture the moment like every nerdy mom there!


What sweet faces!!! It's pictures like this that make me miss them when they are gone all day! James started Kindergarten (is he really old enough?!) and Josh is now a big 3rd grader. Jill had to be in the picture because, let's face it, she's so darn cute! James is having a bit of an adjustment to ALL DAY Kindergarten. He asks every day this week if 1.) does he have school today and 2.) is it a long day? And then he asks me what I am doing today. I've learned to not tell him exactly what I am doing. He feels left out. :(



First in line on the first day of school. Feelin' pretty special!


It is such a weird feeling having only 1 child at home all day now! I ALMOST don't know what to do with myself... but then I look around my house and I get over that feeling really fast. Jill and I are loving our Mommy/Daughter time together. I'm going to treasure it while it lasts!

No comments: