1/11/09

Fun Run Saturday

Earl decided to do another 10K this past Saturday benefitting ALS. Before the actual run they had a kids fun run. We bundled up and took the whole family! James did the 1/4 mile for ages 0-5 years old (mommy went along for moral support!) and did a great job. He decided to turn around and go back before we hit the halfway mark... oh well! We ALMOST did the whole 1/4 mile! Then Jon and Josh lined up for the 6-12 year old 1/2 mile race. They did awesome! I was so proud of them! It was so chilly and cold but both of them finished and got awards and a free Rivercats lunch bag AND lollipops from Sees candy! I love the looks on their faces after the race was over. Priceless! Unfortunately we didn't stick around to take pictures of Earl doing the 10K race. He did really well coming in at 58 minutes (same time as the 10k on Thanksgiving.... the guy is so consistent! ). It was a great Saturday and we will do it again for the next race!




8 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Fun. I can't believe they ran .5 mile. That's awesome. Cute pictures.

2KT Faupula girls said...

Gotta love the family time! That's so good the boys ran. Good preparation for when they decide to join Dad on a 10k!

Anonymous said...

Well now that's impressive! "family time" with the Carr's means 'what time are we going to the mall?' haha love my girly girls. : D

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I absolutely adore the pic of Jilli. Shes too cute with her little beanie.
Oh and by the way I have an article to send you......so I need your email. My most frequently checked one is jnspatino@hotmail.com

OLIVIA said...

You guys are such an inspiration! We've wanted to do a family run for sometime now...but I'm not sure if I like the idea of a run more than the actual run itself! Your pictures are a great motivation for us to "just do it!". Thanks for sharing!

Stefany said...

LAURA!! I haven't seen you in forever!!! Your boys are so grown up and you have a girl too?? How exciting! I found your blog from Sarah Elmer's and I'm so excited! I'll have to look back at all your posts to see what you've been up to!

Fun that you guys are running! I did a 10k in the summer and a half marathon in Sept and LOVED it. It was neat!

I'm excited to keep in touch!

Stefany said...

PS. Claire (our newest) had the same dress as your little one and Caleb wore the same ties as your boys for Christmas!! Gotta love Children's Place for their matching "family plaid"!