1/25/09

Happy Birthday Earl!

Earl celebrated his ** birthday this past Wednesday. He had to work (of course!) and I asked him what he wanted me to make for dinner. He couldn't come up with any good ideas (I must not be the best cook :) and so I mentioned chinese take out. He had a coworker recommend a place called Lincoln Chinese... WONDERFUL! I'm hooked! Little did he know that he gave me a birthday present by bringing home dinner... I got so much done that night since I didn't have to cook!

Later that night, we were reading scriptures as a family and Jonathan read a scripture in Alma that talked about the resurrection and "every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."
He looked at Earl and said, "See dad, you'll get all your hair back."

We laughed... oh, I laughed (Earl will laugh some day!). We love our children!


5 comments:

2KT Faupula girls said...

Happy Late Birthday! TOO FUNNY! You gotta love your kids when they say things like that.

Knudson said...

What a great moment! Happy Birthday Earl! how does 37 feel? Its nice to have a few people lead the way for me. Way go go reading scriptures! Arent you glad you have a place to record those funny moments for everyone to read!

OLIVIA said...

Happy Birthday Earl! You can join the balding club with Sam!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Happy Birthday. He probably couldn't come up with something for you to make because everything you make is awesome. LUCKY. Cute story.

Robert Givens said...

Jonathan - We just love you and your wise comments! Earl - we do hope you had a good birthday. Golly, you are almost 40! Not so young any more.