5/4/10

Pinewood Derby ALMOST Win...


Well, after much blood, sweat, and lots of sanding, we had 2 pinewood derby contestants ready for the annual race. I can't say I was excited (and neither was Earl for that matter. He had double the fun this year! Pure sarcasm here!) but I was happy for my boys and their chance to make it to the regional finals. They didn't :(
And they were under strict orders to 1.) not taunt others or 2.) cry for any reason. They are both a little bit competitive (that's a major understatement!) and I was a tad worried about the outcome, especially with 2 of them racing. But... they listened to me AND there was no crying. Ok, I think they listened... I'm not positive there wasn't any taunting, but a mother can hope, right?!


Jon won a few heats, but in the end, he got about 7th or 8th overall... not too shabby! It's not last place! (That was a major concern in our household... I wasn't as worried for my boys as I was for my husband... he he he!)


The race was SO CLOSE! But in the end....


Joshua got 4th overall.... bummer...
I'm not too sad :) They had a great time and Earl loved making the cars so much he got a new sander just to finish them off. Any excuse to get more manly tools!

1 comment:

Robert Givens said...

Good job Jon. You did much better than last year. Congratulations.