4/25/10

I Got "Told"

Jon - Mom, why do you get to go on the computer on Sunday?

Mom - Because I'm the mom.

Jon - But you don't let me and Josh go on the computer and do things we want to do on Sundays, so you shouldn't be allowed to go on the the computer either.

Mom - (talking to Earl) Did I just get "told"? Did I hear what I think I just heard? (talking to Jon) So are you saying that we shouldn't be able to do things on Sundays that we like to do? We should only be able to do things that we don't want to do?

Jon - Well, you don't let us play video games so you shouldn't be able to go on your email or anything.

Mom - Hummmm ....

I think we are hitting that beloved preteen age.... I think I'm getting paid back for all of the sassy remarks I made to my mom at his age. But I'm smiling :) See :) It's part of finding joy in the journey, right? Gotta love being a parent!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Time for a FHE on Keeping the Sabbath Holy & the "rules" Mom & Dad are choosing to enforce and for who. Thats the only way it worked for us. I love our poster!

OLIVIA said...

So funny!